In readiness for the relocation of the aircraft into a barn where I can get the trailer in and out, I have been finishing off all the wing parts. This means its coming up to the time when I can
- disassemble the wings from the body – Sam helped me de-rig – all that lovely careful work !!
- give them a good clean/de dust
- Thinned polyurethane coat
- Relocate the body outside similarly blow all the dust away
- Mike F has sourced a running rail for the rear wheel which we will be attaching to the trailer
- Then, with a suitable winch added we will be able to trailer mount her in readiness for the Jersey Air Display
- Then re-attach wings and rigging before …
- FIRST test load onto the trailer.
James suggested running the trailer tyres slightly lower to give more protection to jarring whilst towing. Good idea on our roads out here !
Leave a Reply