Re-assembly – pre engine test run

Spent a few hours pulling various parts that were covered some time ago and can now be re-joined to the mother ship !

The Elevators have been off ever since covering as have the tailplanes and elevators but now I have decided the wings are on to stay (they have been on and off about 3 times to date) then they can all start to go back on board.

IMG_1775 IMG_1777

Pays to mark these ..(‘S’ for Starboard) as each was pretty built in situ you do get slight deviations in fitting placements … which effectively makes all placements unique.

IMG_1778 IMG_1779

Looks so much better when the tail goes on … will leave the re rigging off for now as that will get in the way of covering the sides. Picture right above … shows a position that will NEVER happen .. differential elevators !  – mid way through re connecting.

These are extremely difficult to re-connect post covering I imagine so I took the opportunity to reconnect now where I can get easy access. Will take the overhead of tricky side covering !

IMG_1780  IMG_1864

Nice to get first aileron back on .. These look quite nice now they are covered and sensible gap on the frise 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: