Have had a nagging problem with the setup of the port wing ever since I first rigged it. The rigging went in like a dream originally but, thinking back, I finished setting her up very late one night then came back the next day to rig that wing. I now realise that something must have moved in the night !
I rigged the cables to mm perfection BUT … I now realise the wing had obviously dropped ! I have tried all combinations of tightening and slackening landing and flying wires and in the end it’s so so so much easier to simply get the plane out in the open, trestle her all up again and remove the rigging o check whats going on.
I did this yesterday and BINGO ! one pair of wires was too short and the other too long on the Port wing. unfortunately they weren’t ‘wrong’ in a matched way as I could flip them over and re-use ( I did measure three times to see if I could ! but nope).
I had pre-ordered enough spare Thimbles and Ferrules from Ivor to do one pair of cables but not four.
So I made one new Flying wire and 1 new landing wire so I could at least fold the wings back safely pending 8 more ferrules and 4 more thimbles !
The wing pegs now pretty much slip in !! Happy days – even though I didn’t progress the engine wiring much as planned yesterday
Leave a Reply