Slight hold up as my weight and balance figures go into the LAA …
Hands up … I measured the distance from the datum pint (centre of the mainspar) to the Tailwheel as a ‘sort of engineering’ distance NOT a related ‘weight and balance’ distance doh !
Had Paul thinking I had made the shortest Sherwood !!
I measured to the centre of the Tailwheel stern mounting post When I should have measured to the point that the weight is centred in ie the centre of the axle !
All figures looking better now BUT ….
The LAA are not keen on my additional 3kg weight mounted in the tail and have expressed a preference to move the battery to the tail. Good job I left the starboard side off !
Second battery tray ordered as would be a bit invasive to remove the first .. Besides .. As my engineer colleague Graham pointed out .. Leave the front tray in as it has the solenoid mounted to it and then simply run one power cable from the back to it … All other wiring apart from one dedicated earth remain in situ !